Monday, October 11, 2010

Today is a good day.



Besties for Life. 


Its been a long time and so much has happened. My first rotation came to an end, final assessment: I love Family Practice! You get to do a little bit of everything. The docs that I worked with were amazing and like family. I never really felt like I belonged until I started my rotation :) Everyone was so willing to help me and allowed me to do a lot more than I was expecting to. I was allowed to do procedures like PAP exams, Sports physicals, a digital block for a toenail excision, and an EKG. I got to see an intravaginal ultrasound of a 9 week fetus (too adorable) and the birth of fake babies by the residents. One resident of which I will never forget, he told me about some nasty things that he has seen in clinic (and his shimmy is to die for). I took my EOR exam and had that friday off that I chose to prepare for a HALF marathon or you could say recover from a crazy thursday night with Sara! Saturday Oct 2, 2010 I took a trip down to Orlando with Meredith, Brian, Lauren, and Sexy Lexi and ran what my GPS says to be 14.50 miles! I left feeling like I was going to die with a beautiful new medal to add to my collection. The Disney Wine and Dine was a race to remember for sure. New week and new rotation. I started working at a Psychiatrists office who also rotates through Memorial hospital and behavioral health clinics. I was able to see a lot of inpatient psychosis which was very exciting. My first week I also saw Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) also know as shock therapy. One of my homework assignments was to watch "One flew over the cuckcoos nest". The movie made it seem a little more dramatic but it is essentially the same but less intense and more sedatives. This week my doc is on vacation so I am in the clinic seeing mostly medication management which is giving me a chance to write my assignments for class. On an extremely random side note: over the weekend I bought one of those feather beds to put on top of my mattress, and now my bed is soooo soft that I spent half the day laying in it yesterday. Thought that was so important that I just had to share.Here is to daydreaming about my next night with Jack. Daniels that is. (yep, Sara you know thats right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment